Denver is always filled with exciting and creative events – and the Ugly Sweater Run is no exception. On December 21, 2013 (Saturday), brace yourselves for another 5k marathon as both men and women unleash their old, ugly sweaters and join thousand others in this fun (and crazy!) event.
The race will be held in Downtown Denvet at 20th and Market Street. Even for starters, this fun-filled race is going to be a memorable marathon experience which will start at 11 am. Registration can be done online at the event website, and (as usual) early birds get to register for a lower price! Below are the registration rates for Ugly Sweater Run:
- Early registration: $39 for solo runner/walker; $34 per person for 4+ person ugly sweater team
- Starting December 7: $44 for solo runner/walker; $39 per person for 4+ person ugly sweater team
- On the day of registration (depending on availability): $50 for solo runner/walker; $45 for 4+ person ugly sweater team
Participants of the Ugly Sweater Run get to receive a lot of freebies. This includes: a custom vintage knit hat, unlimited hot chocolate, two free Winter Lagers, Boston Lagers, or Angry Orchard hard ciders, and a mustache. Race packets can be picked up early on December 20 at Sports Authority (located in 370 S Colorado Blvd., Glendale) from 11 am to 7 pm. Those who cannot make it on this day don’t have anything to worry about, as packets (with a limited supply) may also be picked up on the race day itself from 9 am to 11 am – so be sure to arrive early to secure your own!
Aside from a good company of locals and visitors, the course will also have aide stations of hot chocolate, snow blowers, a Santa inflatable to keep you up and running (or walking). Volunteers are also welcome to share their time by e-mailing , and you will be awarded with free drinks and an awesome Santa hat. Here are some reminders (and requirements) for the event:
- Show up in your ugly sweater – the event wasn’t called the “Ugly Sweater Run” for nothing!
- Try to grow a mustache. Why? Because it’s part of the costume! If you can’t, a (fake) mustache will be provided for you.
- Bring an ID to prove that you are allowed to drink adult beverages.
- Bring a toy for the Christmas Tree. This will be donated to local Toys For Tots chapter in each city.
- HAVE FUN!